Navigation Bar

Image Map

April 2, 2014

WHOA....things have been busy!!!!

First off, I am so sorry for the lack of posts recently, but with pageant season in full swing, things have been a little nutty!  Here's a recap of what's been going on lately in Katie's world!

Earlier this year, I was asked to be a "celebrity dancer" for an fundraising event called "Dancing with the Military Stars."  I know what you're thinking and no, I'm technically not a real celebrity, but I do a lot in the community and in the media, so the organizer thought that I would make a great addition.  For those of you who have seen me dance, yes, I also know what YOU are thinking, but that's why they pair us with professionals!  haha!  So, I've been working on that, with a few hiccups, but I can't wait for the big event in May!  Check out the website link below and mark it off on your calendar...I'm going to need all the support I can get!


In February, I worked my big fundraiser for The Victory Center, an organization here in Toledo that assists cancer patients and their families by offering wonderful services at no cost!  I absolutely love this org and put my heart into their annual Luncheon & Fashion Show fundraiser event.  This year, the theme was "Passionate in Purple" and I had the pleasure of working with 40 models, many were survivors, who showcased fashions from 10 different boutiques.  We shared stories from the cancer survivor models, one of which was a 16 year old girl with a brain tumor.  Not a dry eye in the house as she ROCKED that runway!  Words can't even explain just how much I love volunteering on this committee and how amazing this event is!
After The Victory Center event ended, I booked it to Florida with my aunt, uncle and husband for a week to visit with my mom as she turned 60!  What a nice time and the weather was beautiful the whole week! We shopped, sunned, beached and had lots of fun enjoying each other's company!


Then in March, my real job had me busy, busy, busy with a fundraising campaign.  I love both of my jobs, but they sure do keep my schedule jam-packed!

March also kicked off pageant season.  I've been booked up with coaching sessions, runway walking and wardrobe styling.  At the end of the month, I attended the Pure American Ohio State Pageant where I coached a few of the competitors.  I'm happy to say that we have a few new state Queens and runner ups!  How exciting for Studio K Coaching!  I love how we are expanding and helping so many amazing girls achieve their dreams.  I've partnered up with the Liz Baldwin Studio of Voice and Acting to really offer our clients a unique experience and we are having so much fun with it!  I have also partnered with professionals from Clover Storm Photography and Sarah Modene Photography to bring many experiences to my Studio K talent!

Then, just this past weekend, I myself competed in a National pageant.  I've took on the title of Mrs. Ohio Royalty International through the Miss Royalty International system back in the summer and have been looking forward to nationals since.  I had an amazing time competing, meeting new people and strengthening old friendships.  The system was awesome to be a part of, the director truly treated us all as royalty, showering us with gifts and awards.  I'm happy to say that I brought home my first national title and am now your current Mrs. Royalty International 2014!  WOOHOO!  It's still a lot to take in, but I'm hitting the ground running and will be putting my title to good use!  You know that that means though, I'll be EVEN more busy!  I hope you are ready for this roller coaster ride though because it's going to be a fun one.


I promise to write more and share all of the fun things that I'll be doing on my new journey.  I'm already getting ready for my first official appearances this coming weekend and next weekend and am working on my next style segment for Rebecca Regnier's Full Plate TV show.  Stay tuned for more fun stories, photos and style tips.  Thanks for your patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment