Navigation Bar

Image Map

April 27, 2014

Meet Studio K Model Madison!

MEET MADISON!
Photo by: Clover Storm Photography
 
RYR: As a Studio K girl, you're obviously into modeling, acting, fashion, pageantry or something of the sort, so what made you want to get involved in the industry that you're in?
M: I am currently trying to get into the modeling and acting industry. What made me really want to be apart of this was when I was younger, and I watched a Mary-Kate and Ashley movie. They were very good actors and models, and I would always say "I want to be just like them!" Ever since then, this industry has always been a dream of mine. I see the teen models in the magazines and the young actresses be very successful, and I strive to make similar accomplishments like them.
 
RYR: What has been your favorite experience so far?
M: My Favorite experience so far would have to be the portfolio building workshop that I participated in! It was so much fun, and a really good introduction to the modeling business for me.
 
 
RYR: If you could have any modeling or acting gig, what would be your "dream job?"
M: My dream job would have to be having the lead role in an action movie. I find those movies to be very challenging to act in due to all the special effects and green screens needed to create the movie. Even though it would definitely be a challenge, I feel it would be a great accomplishment if I ever get the opportunity to do one.
 
RYR: This industry is often stereotyped.  What would you tell someone who has a negative view?
M: Even though the industry is much stereotyped, the way I see it is that you don't know unless you try. People don't see all the hard work and dedication put into modeling or acting, or the amount of rejection that is present to many if not everyone who is apart of this industry. All people who stereotype this industry see is a pretty face on screen or in a picture, yet they don't see the amount of effort put into getting the opportunity to act or model. I would tell someone with a negative view of this industry to try it and see if their negative view remains the same.
 
RYR: What is one unexpected thing that you've learned through your experiences in the industry?
M: Personally, I learned that there is a lot more work put into this industry than I originally thought. I am very new to this, and I never realized how much effort someone needs to make to become a figure in the industry. I knew coming into this new that very little actually make it big, but I never realized how small that number was until I was introduced to modeling and acting.
 
RYR: If you could give one piece of advice to someone looking at starting out in the modeling/acting/pageant world, what would you say?
M: The main thing I would tell someone who is starting out in this industry is to never give up. You are going to be rejected, told you aren't good enough for a job, and told you are not what they're looking for. Instead of giving up, get back on your feet and work even harder to improving yourself to be better at what you do. Prove to the people who turned that they were wrong. This industry is very tough, so you can't let down and stop striving to be better. Nothing comes easy in life, but the good things come to those who work for it.
Photo by: Clover Storm Photography
 
RYR: Have you ever been compared to a celebrity?  If so, who?
M: In fact I have been compared to a celebrity, and that person is Jennifer Lawrence. She has talked about how hard she's has had to work to be where she is today, which is what I am currently in the process of doing. She's not afraid to be who she is, and she doesn't necessarily care what people think of her. She is such a good role model for young girls dealing with their weight, appearance, and the who they are. She is one woman who I aspire to be like.
 
RYR: If you could be on the cover of any magazine, what would it be and why? 
M:  If I could be on the cover of any magazine, I would have to choose Seventeen magazine. This magazine doesn't seem to try to show the models as being something they aren't, and I can relate to the models. They genuinely seem happy and proud to be in the magazine, plus it showcases who they are as a person through the pictures. 
 
RYR: What is your biggest pet-peeve?  (I just like hearing the answers to this one!)
M: A pet peeve of mine is when girls feel as if they need someone to depend on; such as a boyfriend. Personally, I feel that these girls need to show that they can be strong, independent women who don't nee a man by their side. It doesn't look the greatest when girls constantly need someone there for them. I find it awesome to have girl who can prove to others that she can stand on her own two feet and can rely on herself.
 
RYR: Rock Your Runway likes to showcase the different "runways" that people like to rock.  The term runway is obviously used in modeling, but for this blog, I like to relate it to anything in your life, something that you are passionate about.  So, other than the obvious, what would you consider your "runway" to be?
M: My "runway" would have to be my gymnastics. I have been a gymnast for thirteen years, and it has been my rock. I have grown up with such great coaches and teammates who have helped make me who I am today. I have gained grace, strength, and a certain confidence to myself that I know I would not have today if I had not become a gymnast.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment