Navigation Bar

Image Map

April 22, 2014

Rocking the Photoshoot!

As much as I love getting the opportunity to do some work in front of the camera, I absolutely love even more working behind it.  Recently, I've been able to coordinate and style a few different photoshoots and they have been AWESOME!

I was able to coordinate a shoot for some of my Studio K models to help build their portfolios.  I partnered with Kevin Charles Salon in Sylvania, Ohio and a few of their stylists worked on hand to offer some fun styles for the models.  They did everything from sleek straight looks to curly waves to crazy edgy hair.  So many great styles.  Kevin Charles also opened up his location for us to hold the shoots which worked out perfectly!  I also partnered with Tiffany Taylor, a top notch makeup artist and Independent Sales Director with Mary Kay.  Don't let the MK name fool you though, this girl has mad-makeup skills!  She always says, "this ain't your grandma's Mary Kay" and that couldn't be more true!  And lastly, the wonderful photographer, John Flynn from Clover Storm Photography came in to photograph the gorgeous models.  John shoots lots of pageants, shows and he's worked a lot of different fashion shoots.  I'll let his work below speak to just how talented he is!  I have to admit, this team has been awesome and I'm so happy to be able to offer these portfolio building photoshoot sessions for our talent!  Here's a few of the recent shots....



 
 
 

I also recently had the opportunity to style an editorial photoshoot for Sarah Modene Photography.  Sarah is another amazing photographer who specializes in photo sessions for seniors graduating from high school.  She has a staff of hair and makeup artists on hand for every session she does, so her shots really are unique for each "model."  She wanted to put together a shoot to help promote her business and she asked me to help style it.  We really wanted to make it different and fun, so I contacted my friends at Blue by Atlas Bridal Shop and they graciously agreed to let us borrow some gorgeous gowns and dresses and then my dear friend Mindi Marshall, an Independent Stylist for Stella & Dot let me borrow some beautiful jewels to help accessorize each girl. 

For the first look, we wanted it to be upbeat and fun with bright colors.  I kept calling this "bubblegum."  To me, the colors just looked like bubblegum!  haha!  I had the girls bring chucks or some sort of canvas tennie to pair with the colorful dresses...this just added a youthful twist which I felt was appropriate for Sarah's target audience.  Here's a few of my behind-the-scenes pics, but head over to Sarah Modene Photography for some of the finished photos! 

 
 
 

I wanted to then go with a more "Hollywood Glam" or "red carpet" style look for the second set of photos and I feel that with the black, gold and pops of red, we were able to do just that!  And the cars were just a cool addition...I mean, why not?!!

 
 
I just love putting things together that are unexpected and fun and these shoots have allowed me to be creative while offering a different experience for my talent and those that I work with.  Buzz on over to my Studio K facebook page for more photos from all of these sessions!

No comments:

Post a Comment