Navigation Bar

Image Map

April 16, 2014

My Favorite Things!

Okay, let me start off by saying that I am not getting paid to endorse any of these products or brands...heck, if I was, I'd be doing a lot more of these posts!  haha!  Anyways, I get asked all of the time what some of my "must-haves" are so thought I would share a few with you now.  These are just items that I like.  I'm a product junkie - I love trying out new things and seeing how they work for me.  These are just a few select items that I find myself buying over and over again, so clearly, I must like something about them! 

1.) Hair Products - Yes, I have short hair, but that being said, product is important!  I absolutely could not live without Redken's Rough Paste to help tame my fly-aways and smooth my hair.  It's not super sticky or tacky and a little goes a long way, so it lasts forever.  I also have tried many different hairsprays.  When you're a pageant girl like me, hairspray is your best friend and I have fallen in love with Big Sexy Hair's Spray and Play.  I also like their root pump moose to give me volume at the root, but I don't use it everyday.  Now hairspray?  That's a daily necessity! ;)


2.) Camis - I am a fan of wearing camisoles.  I don't know why, but it's just my thing.  I have one in every color of the rainbow, but I mostly wear the neutrals under tees, blouses and sweaters.  I feel like it just makes my look be more polished and I honestly just feel more comfortable.  Neutrals are your blacks, whites and beige or any skintone color.  These really are a must especially if you are wearing a top with a thin material or obviously if it's see-thru!  They can smooth you out and depending on the brand and material, some even can suck you in!





3.) Nude Shoes - Okay ladies, seriously if you do not have one pair of nude-color shoes in your closet, then you are missing out!  I don't care if they are ballet flats, 6-inch heels, suede, patent leather or nude with rhinestones and a puff ball, nude shoes go with EVERYTHING!  They really are the perfect go-to shoe for that hard to match outfit, so please...run out and pick yourself up a pair!

 
4.) Vitamins - Yep, this is totally random, but these are a daily must-have for me!  Now, I'm not by any means telling you that I'm some sort of health nut, nor am I telling YOU what you should put in your body, but this blog is about MY favorite things and well....these are included.  I can't do the big crazy horse pills and am not excited about taking a bag full of "stuff" every morning, so I have found that settling for the gummies has worked.  I pop two first thing when I wake up and boom...it's that easy.  When I'm out and haven't taken them for a few days, I definitely feel weird and sluggish, so I think they seem to work great for me!


5.) Skincare - Now this is always a topic for debate.  I understand that there are a million and one products out there and depending on who you talk to, one is always going to be better than the other.  I love playing with makeup and skincare, so I'm honestly not really loyal to any one brand.  These are just a few of my favorites that I will buy over and over again.

        Makeup Remover - precleanse by Dermalogica is the one product that will always be in my cabinet. You use it before you wash your makeup off with your normal cleanser and it literally just wipes the yuck off your face!  No tugging or pulling at your eye makeup to remove it anymore!  And it's good for your whole entire face, gets it so much cleaner than just washing alone.
        Moisturizer - I love, love, love the Chanel Ultra Correction Line Repair.  Let's face it, I'm not getting any younger and well, I've heard your should really be using anti-aging products in your 20's!  I love that is has spf 15, but is still lightweight and smooth and, I must say, it smells like heaven.  I use it under my foundation and before I go to bed at night.
        Concealer - Mary Kay Corrector.  I've tried them all and this one gets an A+ from me!  Many seem to settle in the fine lines, especially under the eyes and this one doesn't yet still has great coverage.  It's also not cake-y feeling, which is a plus!
        Eye Primer - if you have never used eye primer, then now is the time to start!  It seriously makes your eye shadow stay on without creasing and it makes the colors so much more vibrant.  Shadow Insurance by Too Faced just happens to be the brand that I like, but makeup artists have used others on me and they seemed to work just as good.  Anything is better than nothing...trust me, you'll notice a huge difference just by using primer!
        Mascara - Chanel Le Volume is THEE best!  I love the brush as it has a lot of bristles going in various directions so it lengthens while also adding volume.  Again, there are tons of amazing mascaras out there, I get it, but if you know me, you'll know I really am kind of a weirdo about my mascara....I don't like clumps and I really hate when they smell funny, so after going through many different brands, this one seems to work the best for me!
      
Hope you enjoyed my favorite things.  Again, I'm not endorsed by any of these companies to discuss their products, but should they want to sponsor me, I wouldn't be mad! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love Freeze It! Hairspray, too! And for me, self-tanner is a must. Who has time to tan? Besides, it's better for your skin anyways. =)

    ReplyDelete